2019 KanJam World Championship
- DATE: Saturday, August 10th, 2019
- TIME: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- PLACE: North Tonawanda, NY (outdoor)
- WEATHER: Rain or shine! Come prepared for any conditions!
- REGISTRATION: Online team registration will be available later in the spring, along with full tournament details. Check back later for more tournament information, including cost, prizes, player giveaways, and more!
- TEAMS: This is a large tournament that features hundreds of KanJam players competing for the chance to become official World Champions of KanJam. In past tournaments, players have traveled from all across the United States, Canada, and Europe to compete in this prestigious event!
- WHO CAN PARTICPATE: The KanJam World Championship is still an open tournament for anyone that thinks they have what it takes to jam with the best! All ages and skill levels are welcome.
We need your help! In order to run a successful event, there are costs involved. Some of the costs include registration processing fees, venue rental, food, drinks, supplies, T-shirts, player giveaways, prizes, trophies, and signage. With your help, we will be able to cover costs and ultimately allow us to further expand the tournament. Every year, we also give back to the community by making a donation to local charities. We have several different sponsor tiers and options available, some of which include logo placement on player T-shirts, banner logo, signs, and much more! The deadline to become a sponsor is July 10th, 2019 to allow organizers time to prep sponsor logo signage and apparel for the tournament. Click on the link below to find out more on how to be a proud supporter of the 2019 KanJam World Championship!
One of the great aspects of this tournament is that this is not a simple bracket. All teams will get to play at least 20+ games of KanJam in Regular Season play. Depending on the total number of teams, the overall field will be broken up into four divisions. If there are 100 total teams, for example, that would mean 25 teams per division. This would equate to 24 Regular Season games for each team.
For those that have not participated in the KanJam World Championship in the past, here is the format that will most likely be followed (subject to change based on the total number of teams):
• All teams will be randomly placed into one of two conferences - Each conference is composed of two divisions - In total, there are four divisions.
• Once all teams have checked in and received their gear and team folders, the tournament rules and format will be discussed. The tournament will follow the official KanJam rules. Teams are responsible for being familiar with the rules, as there will not be enough time to go over every single rule prior to the start of the tournament.
• The field of play will be separated into sections, one for each division. Teams will play games against teams in their division only in the "Regular Season Scramble."
• Once the Regular Season has ended, teams will be ranked on a basis of total wins. The top 8, 12, or 16 teams (TBD based on total number of teams) will qualify for the playoffs.
• The top seed will play the bottom seed throughout the playoffs in "best-of" series. All playoffs games will be played to 21 points. If 12 teams qualify for the playoffs, then the top four teams from each division will receive a "bye" for the first round.
• Playoff series will also be determined based on the total number of teams and time restraints. For example, the first round could be best of 5 or 7 game series.
• Playoff rounds continue until there is a winner for each division (Division Champs).
• The two Divisional Champs in each conference will play each other until one remains from each conference (Conference Champs).
• The two Conference Champs will play each other in the Finals to crown the 2019 KanJam World Champions.
KanJam World Championship - Preview and Interviews
Courtesy of KanJam League.